STUDY IN CHINA

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Boston bomber apologises to victims, gets death sentence

Dzhokhar
Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has apologised to his victims in a federal court hearing where he was formally sentenced to death.

“I am sorry for the lives I have taken, for the suffering that I have caused you,” he told the injured and bereaved.


Earlier on Wednesday, he remained impassive as victims lined up in court to condemn his “cowardly” actions.

Tsarnaev and his brother killed four and injured 264 when they bombed the finish line of the marathon in 2013.

His older brother later died and Tsarnaev was sentenced to death last month but he was formally sentenced by the judge on Wednesday.

In his first statements since the start of the trial, the 21-year-old said he listened to all the victims’ testimony and noted survivors’ strength, patience and dignity.

He thanked Allah and his lawyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment