STUDY IN CHINA

Friday, July 17, 2015

Former NSA Sambo Dasuki Remains under “House Arrest” As SSS Team Raids His Home And Impounds His Vehicle

Sambo
The siege on the home of Nigeria’s former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd)  by a team of the Department of State Security Services continued this morning.

The DSS team surrounded Sambo’s house around 6:00 pm yesterday some 24 hours after he was fired by President Muhammad Buhari. Overnight his entire home was searched, and his vehicle removed by the team. Mr. Sambo remain at home in Abuja asked to remain indoors until further notice, a source told SaharaReporters.


The former National Adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has not been charged with a crime and the DSS has not publicly disclosed the reason for the siege on his home.

A source close to the former NSA told Saharareporters that he is shocked by the sudden cordon and search of his home considering that he enjoyed a cordial relationship with the new president before he was relieved from his position midweek.

In January, Mr. Dasuki nearly plunged Nigeria into a serious political crisis  when he announced during a lecture at Chattam House in London that elections would not hold due to Boko Haram insurgency. The elections were subsequently postponed under circumstances that tend to favor former President Goodluck Jonathan. Also last year, Mr. Sambo was linked to a cash-for-arms scandal in South Africa as  operatives from office took at least $15 million cash hauled in a private jet to purchase attack helicopters in South Africa, the money was subsequently impounded by the South African authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment