STUDY IN CHINA

Monday, July 13, 2015

Mourinho blocks Mikel Obi moves to leave Stamford Bridge

mikel
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has refused to sanction the sale of midfielder John Mikel Obi, delivering a blow to United Arab Emirates suitors Al Ain and Al Wahda. The Nigeria international, who started only six league games last season, wants to leave Stamford Bridge after failing to hold down a regular starting place.

The 28-year-old, who has two years left on his contract, has been told he remains part of manager Mourinho’s future plans. “There’s absolutely no truth to reports linking Mikel with a move to Turkey or any Chinese club for that matter,” a source close to the talks said. “Only two clubs from the UAE showed strong interest last month but they could not meet his club’s valuation.

“Mikel has a contract with Chelsea until 2017, as things stand he will not be leaving the club this transfer window as speculated.

No comments:

Post a Comment